The job of a casino dealer might seem like a dream job. Getting to spend every day in a casino is the wish of many but is the life of casino dealers as dreamy and rewarding as it looks? This article tries to explore both the pros and cons of being a live casino dealer.
PROS OF BEING A LIVE CASINO DEALER
You can start with nothing, and if put in a lot of effort, you can end up making a lot of money, thereby making a career out of it. Apart from the handsome pay, the generous tips offered by players, especially in posh casinos, can make a huge difference. Not every job has the advantage of receiving big tips.
Being a live casino dealer is perfect for night owls and for those who love to sleep for long hours. the working hours are ideal for people who prefer to stay up all night and stay in bed all morning. Even if that’s not the case, it is not a problem these days as most of the casinos are open throughout the day hence making shifts possible.
One vital benefit of this job is the ease in which you can get it. To be a casino dealer, you only require minimum education along with a training period which lasts no longer than two weeks. Moreover, the employees in this field are given many job benefits like medical insurance and bonuses etcetera.
CONS OF BEING A LIVE CASINO DEALER
In the initial period of the career as a live casino dealer, you receive a minimum salary. The rise in wage is slow and gradual. As mentioned above, tips offered by the players make a huge difference to the pay received by the casino dealers but garnering that extra money is very tough. A casino dealer, apart from giving his undivided attention on the game, should also focus on pleasing the players to the maximum by making sure that they have the best experience without any troubles what so ever.
Usually, the training the live casino players should be getting is not funded by the casino. Instead, the dealers themselves have to pay for their croupier training, which is extremely costly. The fees of the training rise depending upon which game the croupier is specializing.
Another task the live casino dealers have to undertake in maintaining a flawless look throughout. They are expected to look good from any angle. The croupiers are representing the casino in a sense that the more well-groomed they seem; the posher the casino is viewed.
Live casino dealers should have a lot of patience. There have been a lot of instances in which the players get agitated due to losses and often take it out on the croupiers. In many such occasions, these dealers get physically injured doing this job not so safe.
The casino business, like any other industry, has a lot of secrets lurking behind the glamorous curtains. Knowing at least some of these secrets can help you stay on top of your game. This article will help you to enjoy your casino experience by having fun while protecting yourself by letting in on these secrets.
THE IMPORTANCE OF HOUSE EDGE
The game house holds a certain percentage of statistical advantage in every game offered by it. This statistical advantage the casinos have over the players is popularly termed as the ‘game house edge’. There are various strategies to reduce the game house edge, thereby increasing your chance at winning but the less risky and more logical way to overcome this hurdle is to choose games with a significantly lower game house edge. Classic Blackjack and Spanish 21 Blackjack are two examples of casino games with an astoundingly small game house edge.
TRICK OF PICKING THE RIGHT MACHINE
Not all these games have an equal chance at winning. It is a known fact that table games have better odds at winning than slots. Three such table games that can garner you lump sum money to take home are Blackjack, Craps and Roulette.
NO WINDOWS OR CLOCKS
Many casinos are reluctant on hanging a clock and constructing windows. This is not because they are cheap but because they do not want their players to be continuously reminded of the time they have spent in the casino. They try to avoid all sort of visual cues, which suggests the time thereby interrupting the game.
CASINOS ARE MINIATURE LABYRINTHS
Casinos are designed to be structured like a maze to make navigation within the casinos to be complicated. The same is done to make the players remain in the casinos for more extended periods. There is food and bar counters where ever you look, and this is done on purpose so that the players will not leave soon and will prefer to linger longer.
LIGHT AND SOUND EFFECTS
The light and sound effects in the gaming section of the casinos are designed to make the players feel like they are about to hit the jackpot. The flashy lights and the ecstatic sounds generate excitement and thrill in the players. Moreover, the motto like “everyone is a winner! You are next!” are crafted to encourage players to keep playing and never stop.
CONSPIRACY THEORIES SURROUNDING THE SENSORY CONTROL
Among the many casino secrets, one of the craziest secret that the casinos keep is the control they have on the atmosphere you are placed. They control your emotions and ability to play by having control over your surrounding. A recent study revealed that the casinos release a pleasant smell that invokes the sense of nostalgia, making them slow down while they are at the gaming sections. The feeling of happiness that gushes into your system will encourage you into playing more and staying longer.
On the off chance that you investigate the roulette table design, you’ll see that the primary part comprises of the numbers from zero to 36 and the rest are segments for betting on gatherings of numbers: odd/even, red/dark, 1-18/19-36, sections and handfuls. Bets placed on the numbers themselves are known as inside bets. There are seven kinds of inside bets, and they are:
- Straight – This is a bet that provides cover for just one number. So as to make this bet, place the chip inside the square of the number.
- Split – A bet on two numbers which are nearby on the table, made by setting the chip on the common line of the two numbers’ squares.
- Road – A bet on three consecutive numbers situated on a similar line. Make a bet by putting the chip on the external corner of the column.
- Six Line – A bet on two adjoining lines. To make this bet, you need to put the chip on the standard external corner of the two lines.
- Corner – This is a four-number bet, put by putting the chip on the ordinary corner of the four numbers. Likewise called ‘square’ bet.
- Trio – A three-number bet that incorporates the zero or zeros. Spot the chip on hold shared by the zero box and the two different numbers.
- Bushel – Bet on 0, 1, 2 and 3 with a chip on the corner shared by the zero box and the first line. In American Roulette, it incorporates the twofold zero.
As we previously referenced, the outside bets in roulette are those that are set outside the number field, on the segments that spread the greater gatherings of numbers. There are five typical sorts outside bets:
- Red or Black – Bet on the shade of the triumphant number.
- Even or Odd – Bet on whether the triumphant number will be even or odd.
- 1 to 18 or 19 to 36 – Bet on whether the triumphant number will be low (lower than 19) or high
- Handfuls – Bet on one of the three dozen that are found on the format of the table
- Segments – Bet from which of the three sections will the triumphant number be
The announced bets are unique betting blends most usually included in French Roulette however additionally frequently present in online European Roulette variations. Furthermore, since they are most traditionally included on French Roulette, they all have their French names. The various kinds of announced bets are:
- Voisins du Zéroa.k.aNeighbors ofZero – This bet covers the zero and the seven numbers on each side of the zero – from 22 to 25 on the wheel.
- Le Tiers Du Cylindre – It’s situated inverse on the wheel contrasted with the Voisins du Zéro and spreads 12 numbers – from 27 to 33 on the wheel.
- Orphelins– This bet covers 8 numbers: 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31 and 34.